- that learning happens throughout a person’s life and each stage of learning is essential to the learning and growing process.
- it is okay to have different learning processes and every person’s learning processes should be valued
- teachers need to be open and hospitable to their students, allowing students to build a trusting relationship with their educators
- a student’s learning is not solely the responsibility of the student and/or teacher but the student’s whole support system, including family and friends regardless of their age
- each student should have the opportunity to build their own self-esteem, creativity, and personality inside and outside of the classroom walls
- each child has the right to be themselves without judgement or criticism
- classrooms should be open environments where a child should feel free to voice their opinion, as long as those opinions do not ridicule, harm, or exclude others